heading

About Us Locations/Contact Us Home

Product Brochures Services Supplier Partners Place an OrderSamples and Literature MSDS LinksNews

50th

nacd

 

Our History

Callahan Company was founded in August of 1958 by James B. Callahan, Sr. Since then, the company has grown to its present size of well over $100million in annual revenue. Family owned and operated since its inception, the company services virtually every chemical-consuming industry, including: pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, foods, flavor and fragrance, cosmetics, personal care, paint and coatings, specialty resins, adhesives, sealants, elastomers, epoxies, and household, institutional and industrial formulators. Long recognized as an industry leader and innovator, Callahan has emerged as the leading Regional Independent in the Northeast.

palmyra

1958 Callahan opens for business with warehousing in Camden, NJ

1960 Palmyra, NJ plant opens with office and warehousing

1974 Always with an eye toward the future, Callahan becomes computerized using an IBM System 3 to process orders, invoicing and A/R

1978 Ridgefield Park, NJ plant opens with office and warehousing

1979 Computerization is upgraded to IBM System 34 allowing users in both plants access to all inventory, customer service and Sales data. Compilation of sales analysis history begins and is still available to this day after several more upgrades to equipment

1981 Callahan expands warehousing to Puerto Rico

1983 Callahan celebrates its 25th Anniversary as a leader in the Chemical Distribution Industry

1990 Expanding its reach into New England, Callahan acquires Fish Chemical in Walpole, MA and welcomes its new employees

1994 Founder and President James B. Callahan dies following a long illness

1996 Callahan forms Callahan de Puerto Rico, Inc

2004 Callahan forms Callahan Ingredients

2008 Callahan celebrates its 50 years of service to strategic Customer and Supplier Partners in the Northeast and Puerto Rico